NY Library's Cool Tool Turns Ancient Photos into Animated 3D GIFs
<http://technorati.com/technology/article/ny-librarys-cool-tool-turns-ancient/#ixzz1nX3htVlQ>
Steve Woods has written many articles this is his latest.The New York Public Library has developed an innovative way to bring a new generation into the library by encouraging them to use the Stereogranimator (image maker) which is the latest labs project.
This Cool Tool is designed to let users sift through the library's archive of historic stereographs and use them to create wiggle GIFs (Graphic Interchange Format - graphic image that moves) of their own. A good example of a library reinventing something old to attract a younger generation.
I think the NY Library's Cool Tool is very interesting and different. I hope everybody enjoys it. Click on the link below and have a look.
Read more: http://technorati.com/technology/article/ny-librarys-cool-tool-turns-ancient/#ixzz1nX3htVlQ
Yes I agree, Linda
ReplyDeleteit would be very helpful to have the link to the site in your posting. Also remember that you need to do a critical evaluation and an annotation.
Thanks for putting in the link - very good annotation and citation too.
ReplyDeleteA cool, ancient stereograph tool, amazing, would be good to have a demonstration on how it works and have a go at using it too.
ReplyDeleteThis would be fantastic to have a play with!. Also I agree, it is a great way of engaging the new generations and attracting them into the library.
ReplyDelete