I started using Google reader and RSS feeds last year – what
a time saver!
Now I don’t have to visit websites and check them
individually I just log into Google Reader. The best thing I think is that the
content has had its presentation and formatting stripped away - no more useless
annoying ads etc., which leaves only relevant and easy to understand content.
How do you think you
might be able to use this technology in your personal life?
I am an avid orchid grower and house renovator. Having all
the latest information and techniques on growing orchids and renovation all in
one location is a great time saver. I also enjoy looking at historical books
and manuscripts.
How can libraries use
RSS or take advantage of this technology?
Libraries can take advantage of RSS by publishing new
content automatically. They can also provide the latest updates on
collections, such as fiction and maybe teach clients how to use readers and RSS. RSS is
free marketing and easier to market than sending out email campaigns to
clients.
This is good work Lynda. Did you find a good orchid site you could subscribe too?
ReplyDeleteThanks Leonie, yes I found two sites with RSS -
ReplyDeletehttp://www.orchid-care-tips.com/masdevallia-orchid.html
http://www.orchidcarezone.com/?s=cymbidiums&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&submit