From Princeton Public Library
Hodding Carter, W. 2006, Flushed: How the Plumber Saved Civilization, Atria Books, Toronto, Can.
I thought this was an unusual book title so I had to find out more information about it. Everything about the history of plumbing and toilets can be found in this book (plus some information that you probably don't want to know).
Not many of us want to be totally open about our bodily functions and their by products or go sewage spelunking through the sewer system under the Thames (Phew!).
William Hodding Carter certainly has much enthusiasm for plumbing, however odd, definitely would be worth reading.
Book Lovers Wiki is archival and has not been updated for several years.
http://booklovers.pbworks.com/w/page/14034179/Princeton%20Public%20Library
What I think of
wikis
Wikis that have a group of users can
often provide access to information that may otherwise prove to be obscure and
possibly difficult to find. Since wikis are easy to edit, they can provide
access to rapidly changing information. I wonder if the collaborative nature of
wikis could lead to problems, such as the inappropriate modification of
information. Could Wiki security be an issue? Wiki leaks!
How can libraries use wikis?
A wiki could be used to develop an
easily editable library website. They could be used to develop subject guides
or to generate excitement for upcoming library events.
Did you know?
Wiki comes from the Hawaiian word for
quick.
Some wikis I have looked at:
http://liswiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/4040010
http://wikis.ala.org/readwriteconnect/index.php/ALA_wikis
Some wikis I have looked at:
http://liswiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/4040010
http://wikis.ala.org/readwriteconnect/index.php/ALA_wikis

Wow - a plumbing wiki! How inventive. I was amazed that you had found this - love your sense of humour.
ReplyDeleteThanks also for your comments on wikis